Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings
Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings
Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings









Full of Grace

Monday, September 29, 2008

Alright, we all know I'm a little bit of a, to put it mildly, clutz. The grace thing completely missed me, unfortunately, but it has made for some rather interesting stories so I guess that's the silver lining.

Before I get in to my story too much, let me explain what I was doing.

Geocaching:  A high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.

Wesley (my booooooyfriend for those that don't know) took me on my first geocaching adventure (or 5 of them if you want to get technical) and I was actually surprised that there were so many in Blahsvillage, but there were! So, the first one started out fairly close to my house, we got the clue and moved on. As we got to the creek near the nature center and there was no bridge we decided to just cross on a log. 

Simple, right? Yeah, but then you add to the equation that I have no grace and it's a recipe for failure. Believe me, it was an epic fail too.

As we crossed the log I thought that since there was such a pile up of crap that it wouldn't be as scary and it's not like we were high up or anything and falling would only mean my feet got wet. So I'm about half way over when I decide that the rubbish on the side of the log looked stable enough to support me. Checked it. Yep, stable! 

The next thing I know I'm crotch deep in the muck. The first thing that goes through my head is, 'Please don't let this be an actual beaver dam.' and the next is, 'Please don't let there be rats or mice in here.' because I'd imagine a leg crashing in on your home would be rather upsetting. I had visions of rodents, large and small, gnawing on my leg.





It's only too bad I don't have a picture of me in the hole.

In any case, I came out fairly unscathed, just a couple hundred little scrapes and one big scratch-bruise (it was a combo!) to show for it. Of course after I got out of the hole and across I walked through some prickers and they imbedded themselves in the SAME leg that was just scratched all to hell, but such is life. At least I only had one leg that had to heal.

The fall only made me more determined to fine the geocache but unfortunately we gave up on that one. Out of the whole day (or hole day- har!) we found 2 of the 5, but it was incredibly fun and I can't wait to go again. 

OR
Blogger Comments (0)

















Bunny Snugglers


Home
Email Me
<< # Bitch Club ? >>

- visitors

The Past

.:Minty Fresh... Birth Control?
.:To Bobert
.:Catch up?
.:Alright, I'm bad.
.:Tall Tales
.:Yay! Lameness!
.:Sleep anyone?
.:Florida
.:Letters to the Yuckies
.:Good times



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Bunny7. Make your own badge here.

Buttons





Blogwise - blog directory



Archives



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.