Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings
Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings
Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings









Ever Have One of Those Days?

Friday, December 01, 2006

This morning I woke up full of the energy I knew I'd have to have to be as ambitious as I'd planned out the night before. See, I've had a horrible case of bronchitis and so the thought of vacuuming, dusting, and what-have-you seemed as possible as... I don't know... something impossible. I was on 1000 mg of straight up penicillin, a prescription coughing pill, and an inhaler. To say the least, I wasn't doing much but coughing and.....well....there was the incident where I locked myself out of the house.... but I'll talk about that later.

Today was a special day of craptastic measures. It started out like this...



Yes, that's right. This is a picture of the entry way into my house. Lovely, no? So I clean up the mess, call the proper people who tell me to go outside and clean off the V part of the gutters. This is what is backing up the water. Well, gee... do you think you people could have mentioned something like this before abandoning me? Did I mention I'm afraid of heights? So, I get up on a ladder, clean the mudder-feeking gutter in the rain, and call my mom to tell her that it's done.

Her: Did you get the back gutter too?
Me: It's pouring rain outside and I'm barely well again. I should clean the back gutter too?
Her: Well, you don't want it coming in the living room too.
Me: Fine.

I go haul the ladder back and clean that gutter out too. Mudder-feekin' gutters! This winter I will take much pleasure in pounding them when the icicles form. I call her back.

Me: Ok, they're both clean.
Her: You should keep checking them in case it happens.
Me: *making strangling motions with my hands* Yeah, will do.
Her: Did you ever bring in the hoses?
Me: What?
Her: Those hoses are going to freeze. Isn't it going to freeze?
Me: Uhh... yeah, sorry I didn't hop to getting the hoses. I guess I was too busy having bronchitis!
Her: Oh yeah.

So I decided to settle myself down and read some blogs. I'd just finished reading my comments when the power goes out. Dude, not kewl. I tried taking a nap but the wind was picking up and making it impossible so I decided to spend money. Bed, Bath & Beyond kept making these "If the power goes out..." announcements so I bought a cookie press and got out of there. With my luck I'd have been stranded in there all day. I popped next door to the book store and wandered around there for a bit. They have the PERFECT gift for my Meghan. It's nothing big, but I'm pretty sure she'll like it.

As I walked in the house the lights and heat both kicked on. Yes! My luck was changing! ...and just as I was rejoicing.....the power went back out.... for 4 more (very chilly) hours.

Today was the suck.

Silver lining: A gift for Meghan.

OR
Blogger Comments (0)

















Bunny Snugglers


Home
Email Me
<< # Bitch Club ? >>

- visitors

The Past

.:Hello 1992!
.:Home again, Home again...
.:Florida...
.:Kidnapped
.:Sick and Tired
.:Yet Another Piece to the Puzzle!
.:Jury Duty - Part Two
.:Jury Duty - Part One
.:One of Those Days
.:Web Looks and Reality



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Bunny7. Make your own badge here.

Buttons





Blogwise - blog directory



Archives



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.