Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings
Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings
Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings









Dieting

Friday, July 14, 2006

I saw this doctor on The View (feel free to laugh and make fun) sometime last week and my mom was so excited over this diet that I said I'd try it with her. After all, these 2 girls on the show lost 10lbs each eating hamburgers and pizza. How hard could it be?

On the show he (the author Dr.Ian Smith) mentioned he was nervous because he always recommends the dieter start with a "detox" period and these girls hadn't done it. Well, I read through the whole book the other night when I couldn't sleep and I was really jazzed up about it. I mean, I can definately stand to lose some (if the definition of "some" means "a lot")weight and my mom refuses to do anything on her own anymore, so here I am. The next two weeks, starting Sunday, my mom and I will be going through a detox period. Most people lose 9-10lbs during this time, and since I'm horrible with diets I thought I'd let you all in on how I'm doing, just for kicks (and maybe if other people are paying attention I'll feel less inclined to cheat).

So, here's a list of things I'm allowed to have for the next two weeks. If you look you'll see there's no meat of any kind. I'm not totally thrilled about this, but I'm determined to get it done so I'm going to do it.

FOOD/DRINKS ALLOWED: (Phase I)

  • All fruits in any quantity
  • All vegetables in any quantity, excepet :
    NO potatoes
    NO avacados
  • Good sources of proteitn:
    chickpeas
    beans
    tofu
    lentils
  • Brown rice - 2 cups of cooked rice per day
  • 2 cups of low-fat or skim or soy milk per day
  • As much water as you like! (umm..yay?)
  • Oatmean - 1 cup per day
  • All herbs and spices
  • 6oz. low-fat yogurt (2 times per day)
  • 4 egg whites per day
  • 2 cup of herbal tea per day

    I'm to eat 5 meals a day (on a schedule), and then at the end of the day have a light snack. The schedule will look something like this:

    8am ........ Meal #1
    11am ....... Meal #2 (heavy snack)
    2pm ........ Meal #3
    5pm ........ Meal #4 (light snack)
    7pm ........ Meal #5
    9pm ........ Light Snack

    On top of this I should do 30 minutes of exercise (soemthing that gets my heart rate up) a day. Also, I should try mixing it up so my body doesn't get too used to whatever I'm doing or something like that.

    Friday will now be my diet update day. I weigh in on Sunday and I'll have my fingers crossed.

    (If you'd like more information about the FAT SMASH DIET then I highly recommend picking the book up at your local book store. It's about $12-13. There are a lot of pratical ideas to eating properly.)

  • OR
    Blogger Comments (0)

















    Bunny Snugglers


    Home
    Email Me
    << # Bitch Club ? >>

    - visitors

    The Past

    .:Things That Make Me Smile
    .:Birthday? What birthday?
    .:Coming Out of the Woodwork!
    .:Newspaper Salesmen
    .:Ms Sausage Toes
    .:Tagged!
    .:TGIF!
    .:Lately...
    .:Fun at the Doctor's Office
    .:Bring on the Rain...



    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Bunny7. Make your own badge here.

    Buttons





    Blogwise - blog directory



    Archives



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a
    Creative Commons License.