Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings
Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings
Copyrighted to Bunny of Bunny's Babblings









My Bad Side

Monday, February 19, 2007

When it comes to people that know me I like to think that no one thinks of me as a mean spirited person, but in reality if you've ever been on my bad side, or someone did me or my friends/family wrong, then you know I'm a force to be reckoned with.

I live behind the local high school and have to deal with many, many things done to the property because of it. See, there's a path that leads from my street to the high school so when football games let out, or anything school related, something happens to this property. We've had our flag pole bent in half, our fence broken several hundred times including a time when a teenager plowed through it. Rarely do we call the police about it. Very rarely.

After all that, it's really a pretty nice place to live. If I want to go over and see a game I can just walk there, the track is open to the public so I can walk that, and there are several trails and such around the high school that are just outside my front door.

Now to how these two things, my bad side and the high school, have clashed. Last thursday I was sitting at my kitchen table talking to my mom on the phone and I watched out the window as one of the maintenence people at the hich school pushed 3ft of snow on to my property, snow blowing more from the street (which is salty) on top of that. After he did that, he went along the curb and blew the snow from there up on to my property as well, going about half way around my property to do it. As I told my mom what was happening she told me to wave him down and tell him it's illegal. So, I hike my butt to the high school in sub-zero temperatures to yell at him. He says he has no idea what I'm talking about, but if I want him to move the snow he piled up on my curb he could push it back further onto my property. I said, "I don't want salty, grass destroying snow further back. Take it away." He said, "I had 3ft of snow." I said, "And now I have 6 ft, thanks to you. How am I suppose to shovel snow up to my chest away? It's not MY problem when you don't know what to do with snow, but you certainly made it my problem. Now I'm making it yours." So he comes back 45 minutes later and pushes it further on to my property and up against my fence. Dude, are you kidding me? This means war.

So school was out and I wasn't able to talk to anyone about what had happened, so I called the next day when school was back in. I was transferred to a Sue O. who was very, very nice and sympathetic and wanted nothing but to help me out. She said she would also call her boss and leave my story with him along with my number. I was seriously happy that someone was going to do something. We've dealt with this EXACT problem year after year, and we're really freakin' sick of it. So later that day I hear from her boss, who I thought was Jeff but apparently he's like Gary or Garrette or some other G name. He started the conversation off asking me if I had a question. Uhhh... yeah, when are you removing YOUR snow from my property... but I didn't say that. I told him the whole story, explained that his worker was rude, that Sue was very nice, and that something should be done. He said "Well, I'd like to guarantee that this won't happen again, but I can't."

Whaaaa? It's illegal! He went on to say, "You know how it goes, you tell one person, but then someone new does it the next time... things happen." I said, "Umm...ok?" and he said, "Well, I'm sorry this happened and I hope it doesn't happen again." I said, "Right." and I knew now that they weren't removing what they put here and they weren't going to prevent it from happening again. So when we hung up I called Sue O. back and asked her why she had Jeff or Gorden or whatever his name was, call me. She sounded really uncomfortable and said, "Well, he's my boss." as though her hands were tied. "Would you like to talk to him again?" So I said, "Yeah, transfer me, will ya?" So she does and I go OFF on him. I ranted. I was angry.

Me: So, you're telling me that you can't control your workers and that you don't give a crap what they did to my PRIVATE property? Why did you call in the first place, to tell me you don't care about the law? It's illegal.

Him: No, that's not what I said. Those are your words.

Me: You said you can't guarantee that it won't happen again, which says to me that you can't control what your workers do, and that you're not doing anything about what they did, so that says that you're not doing anything about it. What part of that isn't true?

Him: Look, I said I'd do everything I could on my end.

Me: Which is?

Him: *silence*

Me: Hello?

Him: Yes?

Me: What do you plan on doing?

Him: I said I'd do what I can on my end.

Me: Yes, what is that? Yelling at someone? Removing the snow? What?

He said he'd do what he could and I mentioned it was illegal again. Granted all he'd do was pay $5 - $10 at most, we're not a large community, but it's still against the law. The word illegal didn't intimidate him. He said, "You can quote me the law, if you want to show me the law I don't know, I'm not sure what the law is." Whatever dude, so he thinks this is something little that I shouldn't be upset about. Ok, that's fine.

So I've gone online and I've printed out a copy of the city ordinance that says it's against the law. I plan on sending it to him, his boss, and Sue O. Maybe it'll make them sweat a little, hmm?

OR
Blogger Comments (0)

















Bunny Snugglers


Home
Email Me
<< # Bitch Club ? >>

- visitors

The Past

.:Random
.:Bleh again.
.:Christmas Again?
.:Randomness
.:Ever Have One of Those Days?
.:Hello 1992!
.:Home again, Home again...
.:Florida...
.:Kidnapped
.:Sick and Tired



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Bunny7. Make your own badge here.

Buttons





Blogwise - blog directory



Archives



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.